Progressive Scales and Modes for Guitar
Progressive Scales and Modes for Guitar is a complete system for learning any scale, mode or chord – in one easy-to-follow, lesson-by-lesson tutorial. Suitable for all ages and all types of guitar. This book makes it easy to memorize any new sound as well as building a solid visual and aural foundation of both guitar theory and the fretboard to learn to play guitar scales and modes. Basic knowledge of how to read music and playing guitar is required to teach yourself to learn to play guitar from this book.
• How to play electric guitar solos and how to play acoustic guitar solos
• A complete system for learning any guitar scale, mode or chord, based on the five most common chord shapes
• Practical lead guitar theory for how to improvise on guitar including when to use each scale as well as how and why it fits with a particular chord or progression
• All the fundamental techniques of guitar improvisation using alternative scales including pentatonic scales, the blues scale, whole tone scales, diminished scales and all of the guitar modes – Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian and Locrian
• Lead guitar tips and lead guitar tricks that every player should know when learning guitar
• Shortcuts for how to learn guitar scales fast by getting the most from guitar practice sessions
Contains everything you need to know to learn to play guitar scales and modes today.
• Progressive step-by-step easy guitar lessons written by a professional guitar teacher
• Easy-to-read guitar music, guitar chords and guitar tabs
• Full color photos and diagrams
• 130+ guitar scale exercises, guitar riffs, guitar licks, guitar solos and guitar music examples in jazz guitar and blues guitar styles
• Jam-along progressions for every scale and mode presented in the book